Trisha Lewis, the host of the podcast “Unsquashed,” provides tips on overcoming the fear of making mistakes or ‘not knowing something’ in a podcast guesting, meeting or panel setting. She emphasizes the importance of embracing imperfection and not striving for perfection.
Trisha discusses the negative consequences of constantly striving for perfection and suggests taking a rational approach to the fear response. She encourages listeners to recognize their value as contributors and to view mistakes as learning opportunities. Trisha reassures listeners that making mistakes in these situations, usually only results in feeling ‘a bit awkward’ and urges them to step out of their comfort zones.
This episode explores:
- Overcoming the fear of making mistakes
- Embracing imperfection and not striving for perfection
- The negative effects of constantly striving for perfection
- Recognizing that it’s impossible to know everything
- Making mistakes as a valuable learning experience
- Reflecting on the reasons why you were asked to be on a panel or podcast
- Emphasizing the value of experiences, wisdom, questions, curiosity, and insights
- Not knowing everything leading to thought-provoking discussions and debates
- The worst-case scenario of making a mistake
- Using mistakes as an opportunity for growth and further exploration
Complete transcript and more Unsquashing resources at www.trishalewis.com