How to be more you as you grow your business
Trisha has crafted a unique blend of cozy mystery with crucial mindsets and success strategies – all laced with her wit and charm. A valuable read that’s fun throughout!Margie Warrel – Author of ‘You’ve Got This’
Spot and stop the self-sabotaging!
A unique blend of cozy mystery with crucial mindsets and success strategies – all laced with her wit and charm. A valuable read that’s fun througout!”
Andrea Waltz – ‘Go for No!’
Watch Rebecca Wilson’s thoughtful (glowing) review
Who is this book for?
This book has been written with love and fuelled by oodles of real life stories. It’s a tool to ramp up your self-awareness as a business owner.
- Are you a frustrated, but fabulous, female business owner who feels like you are losing motivation, passion, personality and power?
- Are you feeling stuck in the traps of people-pleasing, blurred boundaries and conformity?
- Are you driven, but don’t feel like you are in the driving seat of yourself or your small business?
Cracking the Mystery…
- This book will get you unsquashed. You will be visible and credible as the authentic you with a thriving small business rather than a ‘sort of surviving’ business.
- The Mystery of the Squashed Self is a business book with a difference – full of value wrapped in warmth and humour. This is for the thinking – maybe over-thinking – woman growing (or changing) their own business – and falling into self-sabotaging slumps. Oh yes – we all have an inner squasher – bit of impostor syndrome …. call it what you may – it keeps popping up!
- The Mystery of the Squashed Self will help you understand the drivers of your inner critic.
- The eight cases are built around real stories shared by my clients, as well as my personal experience of setting up a business, self-squashing – and finally unsquashing!
- Spot the symptoms and effects of self-squashing, then understand the possible causes – you might be surprised!
- WIth each case there is a ‘crack your own case’ action to take. Real story, real research and real action.
You might feel I have read your mind!
Within the covers…
Have a sneaky preview – but seriously … get your hands on the paperback! It’s the kind of book you want to keep referring to and use your highlighter on througout.
Between the ‘setting the scene’ and ‘big reveal’ chapters – you hear the stories of 8 ‘stuck’ business owners when they knock on the door of Private Investigator Lewis. Clues are spotted.
The Investigator promptly shares her notes with colleague Professor P – who explains the drivers behind the behaviours and feelings. She shares research and quotes that inform the Investigator’s report and recommendations.
Meet the characters
8 small business owners bring their ‘frustration’ to be investigated by Investigator Lewis (similar detective mindset to the author!). The investigator puts some heft to her findings by picking the brains of her colleague Professor P (my way of including some serious psychology that drives our thinking and behaviours!). You the reader are present throughout – as you resonate with the stories and take action on the recommendations and activities througout.
Love the illustrations – by Tony Kerins.