Communicating with feeling
Communicating with feeling sets up a virtuous circle of connection. Why and How?
If you communicate with feeling your create a circle of connection. You feel it, they feel it, you feel it.
Have you really considered the benefits to you when you communicate with feeling? Are you aware of the impact on your listener when you communicate with feeling? Finally - how the heck do you communicate with feeling?
Why communicating with feeling matters
Benefits to you
Impact on your listener
- They trust you
- Nothing seems out of line or awkward
- They feel connected
- You are in the circle of connection - it is contagious
- They find you interesting
- You are being you not a clone
How communicating with feeling is achieved
- Be as real as possible
- Clearly you need to regulate your behaviours to a degree - depending on the situation. However, whatever you do chose to say, say it in your words and in your way.
- Have an opinion
- Don't be a 'yes' person! Be polite, open-minded and up for considering their perspective. However - it is fine to have a different opinion - you don't need to state it in a confrontational way.
- When you listen you are present. When you are present you will be responding with genuine feeling rather than some pre-planned or default response.
- Think the feeling
- Have you ever tried smiling when you don't feel like it? Try it now. See - you feel better already. The more you align your body with your mind the better you feel. And that shows.